Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People"
(09-26-2016, 09:27 PM)Millhouse Wrote: People like to say that slavery was America's great sin of the past. Yes it was a sin. But it was an imported sin from the Europeans. Those bastards were the ones that originated all of it from the get go. Spain, England, France, Dutch, and others all originated the slave trade to the Americas from the 1500's to 1700s. And it was the European racist mentality that got ingrained into the American landscape for generations to come as we are still feeling the after effects from centuries ago. So thank the Europeans for all this racist bull**** we see today, cause they were the ones that started it all.

So that said, imagine if the Euros werent racist at the extreme levels, and if Africans werent brought over here against their will. Would the Africans have built up their nations better than what we have seen? Maybe, but hard to say. Certainly not all of African countries would be a first world country, as I dont think even one exists on that continent. So basically I agree with you, that black citizens over here definitely benefit from their ancestors misfortunes at the hands of Europeans, otherwise they could very well be living in Africa, for better or for probably worse.

Europe benefited geographically from being at the center of everything, so they were able to incorporate ideas and trade from all over. A really really breif summary, but it nails it on the head.

When you look at the big picture historically, Europe was also more open to newer ideas; their institutions resisted change less than everyone elses'.

So in short, no. Non-European countries wouldn't have advanced past Europe if there were no slavery. By the time Europeans interacted with other groups of people they were already way ahead of the curve because of the reasons I listed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People" - THE Bigzoman - 09-29-2016, 12:19 AM