Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
82 shot, 14 fatalities, over the 4th of July weekend
(07-10-2015, 01:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: But as a criminal would you be more or less willing to pull your gun on someone if you thought everyone else in the area had one

I'd be less likely, but the fact that heavily armed gang violence is a hallmark of the culture indicates that having a gun doesn't necessarily mean you won't have someone pull a gun on you.

Personally, if I'm a criminal and someone probably has a gun then I just shoot first or faster.  I'm not sure why I'm doing this in this scenario, but that's what I'd do.  I mean, look at recent shooting deaths via the police or citizens on young black males.  The fact is people assume they are armed so what do they do (criminal or no)?  They shoot first and shoot faster.

"I thought he had a gun" is a pretty standard defense in this country, isn't it? Maybe if more people have guns more unarmed people get shot because "Most people have guns." Who knows.

There have been psychological tests done to replicate the "would you shoot" reaction and in multiple cases, while this wasn't about "does the person have a gun" specifically, people were faster to shoot armed black males and slower to NOT shoot unarmed black males.  Basically, "does this person have a gun?" might not lead to "should I just walk away and go watch TV" so much as "I'd better get off the first shot."

Me?  I'm more likely stay away from someone who has a gun, whether I, or he is a criminal or not...so if everyone were like me I guess it would work.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 82 shot, 14 fatalities, over the 4th of July weekend - Nately120 - 07-10-2015, 01:32 PM