Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study: 911 calls fell in black neighborhoods after police violence
(09-29-2016, 12:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You could see that. I still think they're idiots for not calling the police anyways. I don't care how bad my police department is; I don't care if the largely hispanic and black police department is hugely racist and openly hates whites (they're not and they don't, FYI), if I find my house broken into or my wife raped/murdered, you better be damn sure I'm calling the cops.

What I find funny about this type of argument, Dino, is that after a group of black teens beat up someone in my neighborhood, if I said I was fearful of black teenagers, I'd be called a racist. It's like on hand, you can kind of understand their argument, but then on the other, you're guilty of judging an entire group based on the actions of the few. Something I know that YOU'RE against, at least when it comes to minorities and Muslims.  Wink

Well I always try to look at it as who has the power.  A group of teens vs the police.  One I expect to respect the rights of its citzens as it is their job and they can take away your rights (and life) legally.

But can I reverse that and say if a group of police beat a black man to a pulp you would say its not racism because it's an isolated incident?  Something you probably wouldn't do since you know people who accused a group of black kids would be called racist too. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study: 911 calls fell in black neighborhoods after police violence - GMDino - 09-29-2016, 12:55 PM