Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study: 911 calls fell in black neighborhoods after police violence
(09-29-2016, 12:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well I always try to look at it as who has the power.  A group of teens vs the police.  One I expect to respect the rights of its citzens as it is their job and they can take away your rights (and life) legally.

But can I reverse that and say if a group of police beat a black man to a pulp you would say its not racism because it's an isolated incident?  Something you probably wouldn't do since you know people who accused a group of black kids would be called racist too. Mellow

Well, I ain't no Jackie Chan sooooooooooooooooo I don't see how I have power over the teens. Then again, my point was about labeling a whole group negatively based on the actions of a select few, so I don't see how power has any role in this debate.

As to a group of police beating a black man to a pulp, it depends on the situation. If it's a group of white police officers and there was absolutely no reason to be violent (let alone taking multiple police officers to do so), then I'd probably say it WAS racist. See, I am capable of seeing racism when it's actually presentThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study: 911 calls fell in black neighborhoods after police violence - PhilHos - 09-29-2016, 01:05 PM