Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People"
(09-29-2016, 02:12 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: They still lived under a king, but his power was limited relative to other European Kingdoms by Parliment.  The British almost always loved individual liberty, even to the point to where they started limiting the monarchy's power sooner than other European kingdoms. (The Magna Carta, for example).

I have to stress again how wrong the idea is that the U.S has a different law/moral identity from the British. The fact that the U.S still uses common law doctrine to this day shits all over that claim.

There were no doubt differences in some laws (although obviously we were going to have similarties to the country that spawned ours), we had to establish state governments - while adding new states - , had to deal with remaining native Americans, etc etc. To believe that a fresh new country could secede from it's old country seamlessly with no hard work ahead or differences is foolhardy. 

And no, the king was not some figurehead like you're making it seem. The king at that point was still commanding the military and the tax increases.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Would Like to Talk (Civilly) About the Generalization of "White People" - Shake n Blake - 09-29-2016, 02:03 PM