Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what's going on in your state?
(09-29-2016, 12:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, our Democrat governor decided that a certain business needed extensive tax cuts (as well as other incentives) in order for the business to stay in the state (it had threatened to leave) which I think is quite hypocritical for a Democrat to do. If that business requires tax cuts to stay, maybe the taxes are too high in the state? I understand not wanting to lose the jobs said company provides, but still, don't lecture me about the rich having to pay their fair share when you allow things like this to happen.

As a fellow CT resident, and state employee.

CT is kind of a mess right now. Economically, the recent budget cuts have resulted in massive amounts of layoffs and the reduction and or elimination of a lot of public services, especially in the judicial branch. Budget is probably number one on people's minds with one Senate spot and 5 representative spots on the ballot. 

No marijuana on the ballot, but if Massachusetts passes it and sees economic improvement, there would probably be a big push for CT to make some money off of legalization as well.

As a judicial employee, I'm under the impression that heroin is making a huge comeback. But I have no numbers to back that up, just anecdotal. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what's going on in your state? - CKwi88 - 09-29-2016, 03:32 PM