Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Supposed To Rain- Who Benefits?
(09-28-2016, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I see Burfict returning more as an emotional lift to the rest of the defense, rather than the Bengals are getting an atomic bomb back in action.  The guy had surgery, hasn't played even a preseason down, and will most definitely take several weeks to shake the rust off.

(09-28-2016, 07:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: I dunno man.....he didn't have much rust to shake last season after surgery and not playing for about a year.....that dude's just a beast ! Flies all over the football field with a nose for the ball.  I certainly agree about the emotional lift.

Beat me to it, Wyche. Almost identical circumstances to last year as far as when he came back and how much time he had to get ready. He was supposed to be on a snap count last year and yet he made a huge difference, holding the scum bags to 10 points.

(09-28-2016, 08:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not even a question that the Dolphins benefit.

The Bengals can't catch even when it's dry. Last time they played in the rain, the Bengals had 8 drops.

Fair point. Heck, they had 10 more drops vs the Broncos. Definitely something to watch for tonight. Fwiw, Uzomah has only caught 7 of 17 targets. So I'll be keeping an eye on that as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Supposed To Rain- Who Benefits? - Shake n Blake - 09-29-2016, 06:40 PM