Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Time to pump the brakes: the Oline isn't that bad.
Let me first say, i was on the front lines, with my bull horn, screaming about how pathetic they were. Then i rewatched the game today when i got home. Every offensive play, frame by frame to find the breakdowns. 

Guys are going to get beat on occasion. That's a given. With that said, here is what i saw. 

1. Ced Ob, much more than anyone, missed a pickup or simply couldn't contain his block long enough to give the RB time to do something. 
2. TEs and WRs on the end of the line were very porous--much much more so than the 5 guys up front. 
3. Jeremy Hill missed many opportunities when there was real estate to the left or right. He had a tendency to run straight ahead into a pile when a cut either way would have given him some room...which brings me to this point; i really wonder if Hill even has the ability to be a one cut back. 

The Oline has had heaps of criticism dumped on their heads recently (this year and last) but when i went back and focused on their play and not my gut reaction while watching the game, i was very surprised in what i saw. Several holes were there for bigger gains and missed. I'd say there were more opportunities missed than there were missed blocks by a C, OG or OT. 

I know this thread won't be received well, or flat out ignored, but you can't deny what is there on tape when you look a little closer. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Time to pump the brakes: the Oline isn't that bad. - rfaulk34 - 09-30-2016, 08:44 PM