Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Touchdown against a bad defense?
(09-30-2016, 10:10 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I started a thread after the Broncos game which really explains the problem

Our offensive line is way below average with the worst center in the league. Zeitler is definitely not getting a major contract and our RT is essentially a rookie.

We will not beat any of the top 4 or 5 in AFC with this level of offensive line play.

D line was average in first three games. They were dominant yesterday against a second string Miami line.

Maybe having Eifert playing helps O line because the D has to account for him but I doubt it. There was no push from our O line and nothing for Hill and Gio to work with.

D is going to need to carry us against Dallas. I shudder to think how badly we are going to get beat in New England.

The Bengal's solution to this problem is to amass more and more help at the offensive line.  They are keeping an extra TE, and they are keeping the back in to block and many times there are only two receivers in the pattern.  

To me, this is worsening the problem.  The defense similarly stacks the line and the Bengals can't break through.  They should be doing the opposite.  Spread them out and attack.  If you go two TEs, you have to send one in the pattern.  The RB can chip, and be an outlet receiver.  I have seen VERY few plays with two receivers in the pattern where they have had ANY success, yet they do it time and time again.  Kills me.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One Touchdown against a bad defense? - SHRacerX - 10-01-2016, 09:58 AM