Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The great Kansas experiment continues...
(09-29-2016, 11:21 AM)Benton Wrote: OT a bit, but I will say at least the guy gives you something to talk about. From taking a political opponents' mother's name off a building just to mess with him, to making videos inside the legislature about lawmakers taking time off (of course, he had to wait until they weren't convened to make the video). The next few years are going to be spent with people shaking their heads a lot.

I am kind of curious to see what he hangs his next campaign on, though. Unless there's a major turnover with the reps (which isn't likely), he's not getting right-to-work through, which is where a lot of his monetary support came from. Throwing money at ark park will be a mix. Getting troopers raises was good, but it won't be enough, especially not after cutting education funding.

I'm pretty confident that he's one and done.  The lazy electorate is on to his game at this point.  Once they have a four-year look at what he has in store, they'll put him out on his ass.  Kentucky is all about the political good old boy network, and he most certainly is not a part of it.  

I'll be shocked if the Ark Park survives far past his term.  I'm not sure how true reports of light attendance are, but it's an attraction with a limited target audience and a somewhat remote location.  Once the sheen of being new wears off, I think they'll have problems.  It can't be cheap to maintain something like that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The great Kansas experiment continues... - samhain - 10-02-2016, 12:24 AM