Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Football Life: Chad Johnson
(10-03-2016, 02:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well aside from the whole name change thing, he also did the following:

- Was the MVP of the teams that led this franchise out of the abyss
- 6x Pro Bowler
- 4x 1st team All-Pro
- Shattered all relevant career and single game Bengals receiving records
- 4x conference leader in receiving
- was superior to Curtis when compared to peers (more times top 10 in catches and yards...by far)

I respect Curtis. He was our all-time leader in receiving for a lot of years (Pickens would've broken his records had we kept him around for another year) and he was a part of some successful Bengals teams. I also respect Chad for what he accomplished. 

I just think it's unfortunate that so many Bengals fans hold so much bitterness towards Chad when the good by far outweighs the bad. It seems like it's that way with so many of our former greats. Outside of the SB teams of course.

Chad brought this on himself.

He was adored until fighting coach in locker room of playoff game Bengals were winning just because he was not getting the ball enough, demanding trade, and changing name and going overboard with "look at me" antics. 

Chad was a very good receiver, but not great in the grand scheme of things when history finally unfolded. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A Football Life: Chad Johnson - Gohards - 09-28-2016, 10:32 AM
RE: A Football Life: Chad Johnson - CKwi88 - 09-28-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: A Football Life: Chad Johnson - Go Cards - 10-03-2016, 12:48 PM
RE: A Football Life: Chad Johnson - jason - 09-28-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: A Football Life: Chad Johnson - J24 - 10-03-2016, 02:18 AM