Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Football Life: Chad Johnson
(10-03-2016, 02:17 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Dancing with the Stars was sort of the "in" thing to do at that point, and it was believed that is actually helped you stay in shape.  Not to mention the deposit to your bank account.  The VH1 reality shows were corny and dumb.  Then you throw in the relationship with Evelyn Lozada (beyond gorgeous) and I think he began to get a little caught up in television and thinking he could become a star.

As far as demanding a trade.  Prior to this current batch of players, who live under far less Mike Brown control, who hasn't wanted out?  You're Chad Johnson, one of the most skilled players in the league, and you are languishing on a team with a very good offense, but a terrible defense.  A team led by a supposed defensive mastermind (I never understood how the defenses were not better until Zimmer got here).  It's also a team with an incredibly cheap owner and a reputation for losing.  Honestly, who would not get tired of it?  Eventually I would think "let me out of here so I can go win something somewhere else during these precious few years I have left".  I have said before that I always hoped he would have stuck with New England so that he could have tasted success.

Chad Johnson, not Ocho Cinco, put Cincinnati back on the map.  He made the highlight reels and reminded people there was still a football team known as the Bengals.  For that, the franchise owes him a debt of gratitude.

He could have, if Brady didn't need his receivers to be at a precise location at a precise time in order to succeed.  Chad liked to ad lib, which makes me a little bit impressed by Palmer, looking back.  He had to hit "a moving target", Brady couldn't do it.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A Football Life: Chad Johnson - Gohards - 09-28-2016, 10:32 AM
RE: A Football Life: Chad Johnson - CKwi88 - 09-28-2016, 10:41 AM
RE: A Football Life: Chad Johnson - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-03-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: A Football Life: Chad Johnson - jason - 09-28-2016, 10:21 PM
RE: A Football Life: Chad Johnson - J24 - 10-03-2016, 02:18 AM