Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season
(10-04-2016, 02:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: After a quarter of the season, I think its fair to say. The difference in the talent and the coaching between this year and last year is very evident.

They let Reggie Nelson, Marvin Jones, Andre Smith, Sanu, Leon Hall, Emmanual Lamur, Wallace Gilberry, Vance Joseph, and Hugh Jackson walk.

I know each of those players/coaches have different circumstances around why they left, and some are justified, but how could we honestly think we were going to be better this year than last year?

Thats a CRAP TON of talent and roster depth. It kind of pisses me off looking back on it that the FO didnt make more of a push this off season to bring some of these guys back or replace them with quality replacements.

You are seeing the results from this off season. Poor offensive line, not as effective defensive line, poor secondary play, and a step back in the coaching and coordinating of this team.

I don't know Weezy.  I think they did a pretty good job actually.  The only one on that list I would really liked to have re-signed was Marvin Jones.  If we didn't match (I heard we did - and I heard we didn't) we came darn close.   He wanted to be the man so he left.  He knew he would never be the man opposite AJ.

The only other person I would like to have maybe kept was Gilberry.  But honestly he did not play well the last half of last season and both Clark and Hunt have upgraded their play significantly.   Clark is playing good ball right now and sets the edge better than Gilberry did.  Plus he has 5 sacks.

All the other players are not playing well right now from what I hear.   Other than that wonderful signature play against the Ravens Sunday I hear that Nelson has been dogmeat so far.   I wasn't sure how well Williams would pan out but I surely did not expect Iloka to play as bad as he has this year.

I think we more than replaced Sanu with LaFelle.  You could argue that (touchdowns aside) he has pretty well replaced Jones, though I'd take Jones over Lafelle at this point.

Our biggest problems have been people that are still here not playing up to their 2015 level.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season - 3wt - 10-04-2016, 02:32 PM