Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season
(10-04-2016, 02:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: After a quarter of the season, I think its fair to say. The difference in the talent and the coaching between this year and last year is very evident.

They let Reggie Nelson, Marvin Jones, Andre Smith, Sanu, Leon Hall, Emmanual Lamur, Wallace Gilberry, Vance Joseph, and Hugh Jackson walk.

I know each of those players/coaches have different circumstances around why they left, and some are justified, but how could we honestly think we were going to be better this year than last year?

Thats a CRAP TON of talent and roster depth. It kind of pisses me off looking back on it that the FO didnt make more of a push this off season to bring some of these guys back or replace them with quality replacements.

You are seeing the results from this off season. Poor offensive line, not as effective defensive line, poor secondary play, and a step back in the coaching and coordinating of this team.

I agree that letting Reggie walk probably wasn't the best move. I also think it was a mistake to give Williams the new deal so quickly. He may turn out to be a very good safety, but everything about it seemed very rushed, and very premature, IMO.

With Gilberry leaving, it's allowed Clarke to see more playing time, and he's responded well.

Marvin Jones wanted to be a #1 and that couldn't happen here, so you can't blame that on the FO. Sanu was vastly overpaid IMO, so I'm glad they let him walk.

I liked Joseph, but he had an opportunity to become a DC and the FO had already blocked him the previous season.

As far as Hue is concerned...I honestly wanted him nowhere near the HCing position. I've always thought that Hue was all about Hue. As much as I've talked about moving on from Marvin, Hue wasn't one of the names I would want replacing him.

Outside of the Nelson/Williams decisions, I thought they had a fairly decent offseason.  As for what effect the different moves/decisions will have on this season, I think it's still far too early to know.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season - Bengalholic - 10-04-2016, 03:57 PM