Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season
(10-04-2016, 02:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: After a quarter of the season, I think its fair to say. The difference in the talent and the coaching between this year and last year is very evident.

They let Reggie Nelson, Marvin Jones, Andre Smith, Sanu, Leon Hall, Emmanual Lamur, Wallace Gilberry, Vance Joseph, and Hugh Jackson walk.

I know each of those players/coaches have different circumstances around why they left, and some are justified, but how could we honestly think we were going to be better this year than last year?

Thats a CRAP TON of talent and roster depth. It kind of pisses me off looking back on it that the FO didnt make more of a push this off season to bring some of these guys back or replace them with quality replacements.

You are seeing the results from this off season. Poor offensive line, not as effective defensive line, poor secondary play, and a step back in the coaching and coordinating of this team.

Well, let's start at the top.  They let Hue walk?  Hardly, he took a head coaching job.  That's hardly letting him walk and so far I have seen nothing to convince me that he is a better coach than Marvin.

Let's also take a look at some of the other guys:

Marvin Jones, offered $8 million per year here, but took $8 million from the Lions to be a #1.
Sanu - I'm sorry, but I'm not paying that kind of money for a #3 guy.
Andre Smith?  It's jot a poor job to take 2 tackles in the first and second round to replace a guy who was tailing off.
Leon Hall?  Didn't he have back surgery?  Wasn't health an issue?  His level of play was slipping as well.  How's he looking in NY?
Lamur?  Seriously?  I'd rather have Dansby and it's not even close.
Gilberry?  I miss him.

I also miss Vance.

The problem is that you aren't comparing like things.  Eifert and Burfict missing the first 3 games cost us.  Let's talk at the end of the season and see where things are at and how it compares to last years team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season - Hammerstripes - 10-04-2016, 07:42 PM