Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season
What do you guys expect? Great coordinators will get head coaching jobs. Should we be paying Mike Zimmer and Hue Jackson the same contracts they are getting as head coaches to be our OC and DC? News flash...no other NFL team does this.

Unfortunately, Marvin has had some great coaches who are older and wanted shots to be head coaches. A place like New England, McDaniels has already failed as a HC and Patricia is still very young, and very possibly the next coach after BB. They have stability at the coordinator position, not because of lack of talent, but situation. Dick LeBeau failed as a HC badly, but settled in as a fine DC and was comfortable with that for the rest of his career.

As for the players, it's simple.

Marvin Jones was offered what he got in Detroit, he wanted to be "the man" and didn't want to return if he wasn't. He's showing why.
Reggie Nelson has not been all than impressive in Oakland, and suffice to say Williams/Shaw are just as good and cheaper (until Williams got extended).
Leon Hall...really? Might have made sense after WJIII went down, but you can't predict stuff like that.
Andre Smith...I'll just LOL at this one. He sucks and we nailed this one down when we drafted 2 tackles in 2015.
Wallace Gilberry? Well, our d-line has gotten great production from Clarke and Hunt, not sure why Gilberry is even mentioned.
Mo Sanu got an insane deal from Atlanta, one the Bengals wouldn't have come close to. To boot, Sanu stinks in Atlanta so far.

What you're basically saying is the Bengals should've kept everyone...and what I'm saying is...they did about as good as they could have. The better argument would've been them being more aggressive in bringing in pieces to replace these guys. Thus far, I haven't been impressed with Dansby or LaFell. Jackson went down, Dennard was hurt and not very good and obviously Eifert's injury has been well-documented how the team bungled that. Burfict was suspended and we're breaking in a new tackle (who is still better than Andre Smith, BTW). Our losses were to 2 of the top 3 or 4 teams in the AFC.

Color me optimistic, actually.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season - ItsOdellThurman - 10-05-2016, 11:22 AM