Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Have Trouble Taking BLM Seriously
Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge that there's some shitty cops out there. You'll never be able to have a significant group of 100% good humans, regardless if we're talking police, teachers, anything. That's just reality. That said...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/video-of-los-angeles-police-shooting-shows-suspect-with-gun/ar-BBwYcyO?OCID=ansmsnnews11

..traffic stop and the 18-year-old darts out of the car. Police follow and the guy pulls out a handgun. There's even video of him with a handgun (that you know is an illegal gun, because how else does an 18-year-old get a handgun? It's illegal to sell a handgun to anyone under 21) but they don't even care. Here's a quote from that article.

"I don't care if he had a gun," she shouted. "His life matters."

It's not even about right or wrong with BLM. If you're black and you're shot by the police, then the police are automatically in the wrong in their eyes.

Now people are spreading rumors anywhere from that he was unarmed, had his hands up, and was shot in the back. Sound familiar? Like Brown with his hands up, or Scott with his "book"?

- - - - - - -

BLM isn't about justice, it's about skin color. That's the main reason I can't get behind it. A potentially innocent person is the same as a 911 call for a felon with a history of violence, with a gun, pointing it at police, so long as their skin is their color. It'd be downright silly if it wasn't such a large and often violent protest-inducing ordeal.

Sometimes I wonder how many people think of themselves as their skin color, or as Americans first.

Little bit of a rant, but yeah.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Why I Have Trouble Taking BLM Seriously - TheLeonardLeap - 10-05-2016, 12:44 PM