Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season
(10-04-2016, 05:58 PM)3wt Wrote: And it was going to be an awkward thing to let Marvin go and hire Zimmer.  Timing is so important.  And Marvin has done so much for the team that jettisoning him in order to hire Zimmer as HC would have made it hard for Brown to look in the mirror... and frankly for Zimmer to stay.   We would have had to be looking back on a sub .500 season, not just failing in the playoffs.

The only way I could have seen Zimmer being hired by the Bengals is if Marvin had wanted to jump upstairs leaving room for Zimmer to move into the HC Job.   And from what I hear Marvin has never been interested in doing that.

I have to disagree with you on this brother. I think there was a great opportunity to make the change following the incredibly embarrassing and disappointing playoff loss to the Chargers. The Bengals had just lost their 3rd straight playoff game, and Marvin was 0-5 at that point. Zimmer was also a hot name among head coaching candidates at that time, so I feel like that window was the perfect time to make the change, as it would've made sense on all fronts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season - Bengalholic - 10-05-2016, 01:44 PM