Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season
(10-04-2016, 02:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: After a quarter of the season, I think its fair to say. The difference in the talent and the coaching between this year and last year is very evident.

They let Reggie Nelson, Marvin Jones, Andre Smith, Sanu, Leon Hall, Emmanual Lamur, Wallace Gilberry, Vance Joseph, and Hugh Jackson walk.

I know each of those players/coaches have different circumstances around why they left, and some are justified, but how could we honestly think we were going to be better this year than last year?

Thats a CRAP TON of talent and roster depth. It kind of pisses me off looking back on it that the FO didnt make more of a push this off season to bring some of these guys back or replace them with quality replacements.

You are seeing the results from this off season. Poor offensive line, not as effective defensive line, poor secondary play, and a step back in the coaching and coordinating of this team.

Reggie, MLJ, Sanu all wanted to get paid more than they deserve and start. MLJ is also the only one that has played
very well on another team yet this year and we offered him nearly as much as the Lions did, he just wanted to be #1.

Reggie has gotten burnt a lot in Oakland on that terrible Defense. Sanu i have not heard much about.

Shawn was going to take a little bit and it looked like he finally got that fire last game once Burfict got back. Shawn
made some nice big hits in the Dolphins game. Sure he dropped an interception in the Broncos game and has been
beat a bit but not as bad as Reggie this year.

Lafell was going to have a little time getting on the same page with Dalton after not playing in Preseason and i still
think he is an upgrade over Sanu. Liking the Dansby pickup more and more.

Eh, not nearly as poor of a job as you say Weezy IMHO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-05-2016, 06:14 PM