Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wisconsin Is Systematically Failing to Provide the Photo IDs Required to Vote in Nov
(10-05-2016, 07:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The inequality of a uniform percent was explained to you by Matt early on in the thread, so I won't reinvent the wheel there, but I will say that the courts have deemed any paid voting/ID card to constitute a tax. Doesn't matter if it's not the same as the poll taxes of Jim Crow America, it's a tax. It's like how modern firearms are covered by the 2nd Amendment even if they're not the firearms the founders sought to protect.

I know you try to downplay court decisions by saying things like "if you and other want to classify", but this is what the courts have said. 

...and you are making the leap that, if you are required to present a valid photo ID to vote and if such an ID is not provided for you at someones else's expense, you are being taxed to vote.

Just like the right to bear arms. No one is saying you cannot bear arms/ vote; it's just your personal responsibility to obtain the device necessary to do so.

If you the courts want to compare that to the poll taxes of Jim Crow then it is not the first, and most likely not the last time I question their interpretation on the Amendments. Last time I voted I had to present ID, this ID cost me money; was I taxed to vore?

WTS, I have conceded such a card should be paid for by others free.

Your comments still don't address thesome would be OKood with using tax dollars to provide someone with the tool required to vote, but not the tool required to exercise their right to bare arms
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wisconsin Is Systematically Failing to Provide the Photo IDs Required to Vote in Nov - bfine32 - 10-05-2016, 07:39 PM