Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Don't We Use Our Other TEs In Red Zone?
(10-05-2016, 08:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Edit:  Ah, one of your stupid personal attacks.

Nice on exaggerating and saying that I think a tall guy in the NFL automatically makes them an NFL Hall of Famer.

Typical, but it's getting annoying at this point because it's every thread.

Being an athletic 6'7 player with athleticism, coordination, natural football ability, good hands, and a vertical leap makes you pretty damn uncoverable, especially in the red zone where you can throw balls high.  And they're also good receivers, so it's not like they can just find some 6'7 scrub off the street and say "oh, start at tight end for us and we'll be good!"  

I take it from the stupidity and personal attacks in that post that you're unaware of this, but the typical defender in a defensive backfield is short with NFL backers averaging height of 6 feet tall, and add in that their bulky shoulder pads don't allow them to extend, coupled with Kroft and Uzomah's height and athleticism, and you have our tight ends winning every jump ball or even a ball thrown at a reasonable height.

Watch this highlight tape and the FIRST PLAY shows him catching a ball high over the middle where the defense can't get it, or the play at 2:56 where the ball is thrown high and he just reaches over two defensive backs.

Also, I said in the red zone, where they'd be single covered (that highlight film shows that he can double coverage doesn't really work, either, when the balls are high like I said) and no one would be able to get a running start to run and make a jumping play on it.

He can-out jump corners and safeties, too, especially in the red zone, for the same reason I listed above, but also because the tight end can overpower them to get position.   

You should really stop the personal attacks because you end up looking stupid, or you could try and counter any of that.

(Edit: I also doubt that you didn't see I made the thread before you posted, making it even a more obvious fail at a personal attack.)

Oy, two things I can count on when I argue with you:

#1 - you will declare that I am making personal attacks against you whenever I rebut your points
#2 - you will declare at least one person who is doing absolutely nothing on the NFL field to be "uncoverable" OR he WOULD be uncoverable if those dumbass NFL coaches and GMs would just listen to you instead of insisting on failing like they do
(let's make it 3)
#3 - you will tell me that I am making myself look stupid

Hey, on a side note has your football boner for Rashaun Simonize gone down yet or should we contact a physician immediately?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Don't We Use Our Other TEs In Red Zone? - Nately120 - 10-05-2016, 09:07 PM