Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season
When LaFell was signed, all the talk was how he has hands of stone and he'd never match Jones' production. Now that he's matching Jones' production and isn't dropping many passes, people are struggling to come up with new narratives why he stinks.

I agree with the poster who said the problems lie with the o-line and run blocking. I'll add to that by saying we're lacking a serious red zone threat (hint: Eifert), something Marv Jones has never been outside of a fluke 4 TD game.

Either way, keeping Marv Jones wasn't an option. Had we retained him at his asking price, we would've lost 1 (probably 2) players that we brought back. So other areas would be far worse off, most likely the secondary, which many are already (unfairly) criticizing. Imagine it without Pacman.

I still think the Bengals handled the offseason well - outside of letting Reggie go - and the pass offense is fine when Andy has time. Eifert will definitely help.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season - Shake n Blake - 10-05-2016, 09:17 PM