Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season
(10-05-2016, 09:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Which receiver looks like more of a deep threat

"A"....13.9 yards per catch, 18.7 percent of receptions go for 20+ yards
"B"....12.9 yards per catch, 17.9 percent of receptions go for 20+ yards

AJ drew double coverage last year and LaFell has more receptions through 4 games (13) than Jones did last year (10)

Whichever one is Marvin Jones. Ninja

Look, Lafell is decent enough, but he is not as good as Marvin is, IMO.  We all know it isn't the FO fault that Marvin left.....I even said as much, so you can get off that cavalry ride.  Last season at this time, we had Eifert on the field, you conveniently ignore that.  That took some targets away, because he was en fuego most of last season.  Also, Sanu was here, and getting targets......add to that, we also ran more 4 and 5 WR sets last season, so there were more targets to spread it around to.  We can't run as many 4 and 5 wides this year because your hero's unit up front is sucking hind tit, and can't block Betty White. I don't have the stats in front of me, mainly cause I have more shit to do than bother with it, but that what's sticks out in my mind as differences in the two seasons that you're not considering. Jones is balling out in Detroit right now......I'd say he's the better of the two, and there's nothing wrong with that.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In hindsight, the Bengals FO did a poor job this off season - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-06-2016, 09:35 AM