Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Westerman get a shot this year at Center.
(09-30-2016, 08:24 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: We all know the issue we have with Bodine at center, except for Paul Alexander. I believe Westerman was drafted to be our future Center, but it looks like the future is now. Check out who the NFL draft site compares him to. Will he get his shot THIS YEAR, or will we keep rolling Bodine out there and hoping for the Best?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/christian-westerman?id=2555131

You answered you question in the first sentence. The coaches think more of Bodine than you do, and they are the coaches. Also I do not hear the non bias Network announces of games last year or this year saying Bodine is getting lit up or destroyed, in fact I often here them say what a good block he made.  I am hearing them say our new right tackle is getting beaten. I hear that a lot. Of course he is a rookie, and I wonder if we still have the veteran right tackle, but again I fall to the coaches who must want the rookie in there. 

Considering this franchise only put together back to back play-off seasons once in 1981 and 1982, far be it from me to put down the coaches too much who have put together 5 straight play-off seasons which is unheard of for this franchise. I do question Zampese on his run plays, or lack of power run plays since he is a new offensive coordinator. Time will tell if he is a good OC.  He should be with his experience with Green Bay, St Louis and Cincinnati.  Time will tell.  

I'm going to guess Bodine isn't as bad as many of you say, just as Nugent isn't as bad as many of you say.  You want late 5th round pick rookie to start and he is mostly a guard. Probably not going to happen. 

Paul Alexander : " You guys are asking about the Bodine witch hunt, right ?  Let me tell you about Bodine, all right ? Let me tell you about him.  He is better than Boling was after two years. He is similar to what Zeitler was.  Zeitler didn't start out that great.  I was talking to Whitworth about Rich Braham.  He said don't compare Bodine to Braham.  Braham didn't even step on the field until his third year.  Bodine is a young player that came in starting with a bunch of veterans.  I don't care what anybody else says, I think Bodine is a hell of a player. That is where I am on that  ".......( source- internet-Cincinnati Enquirer 2016. )

You add this with the fact Westerman is mostly a guard and has no NFL experience and was a late 5th round pick.  You are dreaming if you think they are just going to bench Bodine for this late round rookie guard just because some fans are on a Bodine witch hunt as Alexander says....Many all knowing fans wanted Nugent cut. How smart do those fans look right now ???......Many fans wanted Dalton cut his first few years as the Dalton witch hunt went wild ....Thank God the coaches are smart enough not to listen to the fans too much.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Westerman get a shot this year at Center. - kevin - 10-06-2016, 04:43 PM