Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Where did the "I Can't Because..." mindset come from?
(05-16-2015, 03:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm looking for some more context, here. I think I know to what you are referring, but I can't be sure.

If it is what I think it is, there has been a decades long road to this path. Post World War II we saw a decline in the attitude of "we can do anything". There are a number of theories as to why this has happened. Some will tell you it is a more privileged attitude from some and that they lack work ethic. Some will tell you that it is because of widening gaps in the socioeconomic structure of our country causing a decline in motivation as the upward mobility potential is almost completely squashed.

What the real reason is, though, is still debated.

Ummmm the rise in progressive politics. FDR put progressive policies on steroids.

Those same policies have made us a dependent public ..... Because we feel entitled to ..... Social security.... Etc.

The greatest generation of the world didn't count on anyone but themselves.... The baby boomers grew up embracing progressive polices. And my generation has continued them.... Thankfully the millennials are moving away from those policies .... And more towards freedom based

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where did the "I Can't Because..." mindset come from? - StLucieBengal - 05-16-2015, 05:18 PM