Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Have Trouble Taking BLM Seriously
(10-07-2016, 02:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Does every television show he watches come from his neck of the woods?  How about every movie?  Does his internet provider connect him to news from the rest of the country? 

Does the government in Washington DC have any influence on his life?  How about the State legislature in Hartford?  Does he ever leave his neck of the woods to any other location in a state that is 90% white?

I have no idea what he watches, but I do know he doesn't watch much TV. But, so what? His daily life, he's mostly surrounded and sees mostly black people. Yeah, there are white people that he comes into contact with (his wife is white), but most of his time, the people he interacts with are black. Yet, somehow he still sees himself as a black man.

(10-07-2016, 03:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: quote-well-you-need-to-have-at-least-one...-39-68.jpg]

Ninja

As soon as I brought him up, I knew someone was going to go there. LOL

Though, I do have multiple black friends.  ThumbsUp

(10-08-2016, 10:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then how do you know your friend is black?

Because I'm not stupid. Obviously I can see color, though I recognize I should've put the quotes around the word "see" and not "color". However, unless I'm describing him to someone that has absolutely no clue who he is, then I don't even recognize that he's a black man. To me, he's just Damon. 
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I Have Trouble Taking BLM Seriously - PhilHos - 10-08-2016, 04:39 PM