Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Where did the "I Can't Because..." mindset come from?
(05-16-2015, 03:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, in defense of xxlt, you did leave yourself open for sarcasm, by not being very specific as to what you were aiming at.  

Are you talking about general laziness?  Unwillingness to give of one's time or money?  As I have noticed a few trends in recent years, as well.

(05-16-2015, 05:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ummmm the rise in progressive politics.  FDR put progressive policies on steroids.  

Those same policies have made us a dependent public ..... Because we feel entitled to .....  Social security.... Etc.  

The greatest generation of the world didn't count on anyone but themselves.... The baby boomers grew up embracing progressive polices.   And my generation has continued them.... Thankfully the millennials are moving away from those policies .... And more towards freedom based

No, what XXLT is saying is "I won't" he just put "I can't" to try and make his argument and slam whatever it is he wants to slam.

"I can't pay taxes" makes no sense when you put it in the context that he put it in.

"I can't because..." can be anything you want it to be. "I can't because I'm disabled" or "I can't because I'm poor".

You all are confusing "I can't" with "I won't" or "Don't have to"
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where did the "I Can't Because..." mindset come from? - Nebuchadnezzar - 05-16-2015, 05:30 PM