Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Have Trouble Taking BLM Seriously
(10-09-2016, 10:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He lives in a white state in a white country.  He does not live on an isolied island with no knowledge of what is happening in the state and country around him.

TRhe fcat is that you are a member of the majority.  You can take your whitness for granted because whenever you turn on the TV or watch a movie the overwhelming majority of the time you will be watching white people.  When you watch the newa and see all the elected politicians and powerful business leaderas again an overwhelming majoroity of them will be white like you.  when you see a atory about racial profiling by law enforcement it is never about profiling white people.

The same thing applies to any minority, not just race.  Handicapped people are constantly aware they are handicapped while helathy people never think of themselves as "non-handicapped".  Homosexual and transgender people are aware of their sexual identity while you would never think to describe yourself as a "staraight guy".

Taking your race for granted is a privilege of being in the majority.
Well, that's you're opinion. Clearly, I disagree.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I Have Trouble Taking BLM Seriously - PhilHos - 10-09-2016, 03:06 PM