Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grope a dope: Trump is on the ropes now
(10-09-2016, 07:43 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: You're trying to throw his age around as if older people don't do or say bad things. 59 year olds can be just as careless about the things that they say as 19 year olds, especially when that 59 year old is in such a position of power as Trump.

You mention that Trump is 59 years old. Okay, well lets dig a little deeper and look at the context of the scenario then. Trump was a 59 year old man who was on a bus having a private one-on-one conversation with Billy Bush, who was at that time 33 years old and obviously the much younger and handsomer of the two. So you have an old guy talking to a young guy about women and this old guy makes some offensive sexual remarks when talking to this younger guy. Wow. How surprising.

I'll tell you right now that I am 26 years old, and I have talked to quite a few older men or at least been in the vicinity of the conversation, and hear similar remarks come out of their mouths about how many women they slept with or how they got with this woman or that woman. It's not surprising to me that a man his age would say something like that, or any man really because men have a dominance factor to them and men are always trying to ONE UP each other or sound "cooler" or "sexier" when it comes to their sexual endeavors. It's how men have always been and how men will always be.

Trump said it was "locker room banter" and that's pretty much what it was. Two dudes trying to act macho around each other. I'm not surprised in the least bit.

There's a difference between saying you want to sleep with someone or have slept with them and saying that you can sexually assault women because they won't say anything. 

I have no clue who you support, and I won't accuse you of supporting Trump, but this is a common strategy of his supporters. You downplay what he said/did and suggest it's equivalent to something far tamer. 

The funny part is that the response to women mentioning sexual assault and rape culture is "not all men". The defense of Trump mentioning sexual assault is "all men". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grope a dope: Trump is on the ropes now - BmorePat87 - 10-09-2016, 07:51 PM