Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we don't make the postseason...
(10-10-2016, 10:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Carson and Marvin were on the same side as long as they were both Bengals.  The straw that broke the camel's back there was Marvin and Carson had a combined effort to demand certain changes from Mike Brown or else they'd both walk and when Mike said NO (because he can) Marvin caved in and Carson didn't.

Basically, by the time Carson wanted to get in Marvin's face it was 2011 and the games were over.  The option he had then was to show up in 2011 and play with the same medical staff, with the same OC (actually, Brat was fired in an effort to appease him), and owner in addition to playing for a HC who promised to charge the hill with him and then stayed behind when it mattered.

I'm just saying that I wouldn't get my hopes up that players or coaches getting upset with Mike Brown is going to magically change anything after 20+ years of it not working.  As long as the owner is seen as "The Bengals" the franchise will win every argument and anyone who steps out of line of the great plan can be painted as a traitor who is a cancer and toxic to the organization.  It seems hard to swallow that Dalton and Green could be become anything but the greatest Bengals ever, but who knows...we've seen others get demonized around here.

Dalton, who knows...but I can certainly see Green "Quitting on the Bengals and running off to a winner rather than working his ass off to make the Bengals a winner" eventually.

Wow... I had no idea about that. But not at all surprising. How do you know? And what changes did they both want? I always figured Carson wanted Marvin gone after his second 4 win season in 3 years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we don't make the postseason... - Pat5775 - 10-10-2016, 11:55 AM