Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton is the best player on the Bengals
(10-10-2016, 10:56 AM)PhilHos Wrote: He's not getting any help from his receivers either. Watch when he scrambles, the receivers generally stand around watching. They don't try to get open and they don't block anyone.

Dalton needs to call them out or SOMETHING.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

This has been going on for years with this team.....

(10-10-2016, 10:57 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Dalton has come a long way in the last 18 months.  The pre 2015 Dalton would not be able to get anything done behind this line.  He barely has any time to set up, is getting hit and harassed constantly, it's just not pretty.  I know he does not have a bunch of touchdowns, but the yards he has been able to accumulate this year is impressive.

There are times the backs can't even get the handoff without someone being in their face....according to some (see below), that's 14's fault too.

(10-10-2016, 11:14 AM)jason Wrote: Dalton looks like he's the only one that gives a shit out there. That's for sure.

Offensively, he and Gio....sometimes Hill....and AJ.

(10-10-2016, 12:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dunlap and LaFell had a decent game too.

Yep, thought so too.

(10-10-2016, 12:55 PM)Fresno B Wrote: If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck. 

Yep, trolls gon' troll...

(10-10-2016, 01:12 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: I agree with you on the performance of our lines on both sides of the ball, but totally disagree with you on everything else. I'm not suggesting that Andy cost us the game, he did not! But when we're down by several points late in the game, I expect a lot more from our QB (even when all WRs are covered) than what Andy gives. Too often he prematurely gives up on plays. 

We don't have the luxury of a over-powering defense that can consistently scores points, therefore, Andy has to know when to shift gears a little.

I'm not sure I follow your logic.  So, if o linemen can only sustain a block 1.8 sec, no one's open, and two or three d linemen are breathing down his neck....just what the hell is he supposed to do there?  

Honestly, I think we masked the inefficiencies of this line last season with our quick hits.  Jones, Eifert, and even Sanu had a knack for getting open underneath.  This year, those guys are gone.  Lafell does ok, Boyd is just learning, and Eifert is out.  Now, we don't have time for anything to develop down the field because Piano Man's unit couldn't block the Queen of England.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton is the best player on the Bengals - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-10-2016, 01:21 PM