Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we don't make the postseason...
(10-10-2016, 01:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps one could argue that Marvin accepting one-year contracts over and over again shows his willingness to just bend to Mike Brown's will.  Isn't the NFL full of examples of players/coaches pushing for more guarantees and more years and more commitment?  Marvin just hain't getting it and the fact that he doesn't either demand or deserve it seems (to me) like another example of Mike and Marvin's dysfunctional, yet totally long-term marriage.

In any sort of relationship right and wrong matter less than agreed upon symmetry.  Neither of them are likely to do better with someone else, so why not just ride it out?

I doubt it.

Marvin Lewis would Be a hot commodity in the open market if he ever decided to leave.

Honestly, I think Marvin Lewis is a good HC. He's well respected in the community, and there was a survey showing that people were surprised that he hasn't won a SB.

What scares me about a Post Marvin lewis era is that it's possible that he's the only one that can work with Mike brown. Even though Mike Brown ***** every coach on his staff, other coaches, better or worse, might find themselves in positions where they do worse.

If ML is fired or resigns before Brown croaks, do you see Brown granting a new HC the same power it took Lewis over a decade to get? No way.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we don't make the postseason... - THE Bigzoman - 10-10-2016, 02:03 PM