Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grope a dope: Trump is on the ropes now
(10-11-2016, 01:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Trump said "They let you do it." That's the very definition of consent. Ergo, Trump was NOT talking about sexual assault. His comments were lewd and lascivious, to be sure, and certainly not something a presidential candidate should ever have said. But the comments were not about sexual assault.

I apologize if this helps Trump but I know how important facts are to some of you.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

I posted this earlier in the thread:

(10-09-2016, 08:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So kissing someone or grabbing their genitals without having consent to do so first is not sexual assault? He said he had done that. More often than not a woman in that situation will freeze up if it is unwanted touching out of fear. Someone that is sexually aggressive will consider that to be letting him do what he wants, but in reality it is completely unwanted.

Do we know for certain that the incident(s) he described was/were not consensual? No. We know that he has been accused multiple times of sexual assault, and statistics would say that his actions being described we likely not consensual. That's why a lot of people are calling this sexual assault, because the use of celebrity/authority in that situation is a coercive act. Women in that situation overwhelmingly freeze up rather than fight their assailant off, and then they often don't report it for a number of reasons.

This is why people are referring to it as sexual assault. Because taking those actions without waiting for consent, which he states he did not do, is more often than not sexual assault.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grope a dope: Trump is on the ropes now - Belsnickel - 10-11-2016, 02:44 PM