Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grope a dope: Trump is on the ropes now
(10-11-2016, 09:48 PM)Dill Wrote: Trump bragged he groped and kissed women. You and others are reconstructing consent based upon absence of other videos and failure to grope a woman as soon as he got of a bus--as if that were "proof" he has not been groping other women as he says. If he doesn't grope one woman on camera that is proof he never does it in less public settings, as he says he does? 

You don't know whether he was bragging or embellishing or trying to be funny. This is part of my point. All of you guys accusing Trump of sexual assault don't actually have proof of anything. All you have is conjecture formed from your own personal interpretations of the video. I don't know why you're saying I'm "reconsructing consent". I'm not saying anyone consented to anything, and I'm not saying the video proves anything. In fact, I'm saying the video proves exactly the opposite, which is nothing. Therefore, since the video proves nothing, I cannot conclude he's a sexual assaulter, therefore I cannot accuse him of sexual assault.

You're the one's making the claim, I'm just counter claiming by saying that Trump is not a sexual assaulter just because you guys want to believe he is based upon your own interpretations. Hell, for all I know, Trump DID sexually assault someone, but I have no shred of proof that he has, so I will not make that accusation. Sure you can say "well he said it" by interpreting what he said in whatever way you want to interpret it. Well you know what, people say a lot of things for different reasons and in different ways and we never really know what they meant or why they said it, we can mostly only assume.

I know for a fact that I have said I've done things in the past that I have never actually done and I have embellished and I have lied and I have made bad jokes. We all have. Good thing we're not all rich white guys who got caught in a private conversation saying the things we have all said whether its degrading remarks about women, racist remarks about another race or some other vile and unbelievable thing just so eveyone else can point and laugh at us like they've never done anything wrong in their life.

Quote:One aspect of the Trump campaign is that, as with racism, it is giving people permission/encouragement to publicly affirm and defend atavistic sexist behaviors many thought we'd left back in the 20th century.

"Sexist behaviors we left back in the 20th century". Are you kidding me? It's not like Trump is walking around telling women to get back in the kitchen and campaigning to take away women's rights. Sexist behavior will always exist and will never go away. If you think it will you're delusional.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grope a dope: Trump is on the ropes now - Matt_Crimson - 10-11-2016, 10:59 PM