Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grope a dope: Trump is on the ropes now
(10-12-2016, 09:17 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: You don't know what Trump has actually done. You can sit here and say what he said, but you don't know what he actually meant by any of it, you can only assume. You want to know something interesting? If a person walks into a police precinct and confesses to a murder, that confession does not convict them. Why? Because there is a burden of proof that goes beyond the confession. As a matter of fact, people do walk into police precincts and confess to crimes they committed and rather than going to jail these people are investigated and later fined for false confessions. They're not called murderers.

No it doesn't prove that. All it proves it that Trump thinks what he was talking about was just locker room talk. He's not saying that ALL sexual assault conversations are just locker room talk.  Again, you don't actually know the context in which he was saying the things that he said. You just assume he was saying he literally sexually assaults women. His whole "I just start kissing them" line didn't even sound like he was being serious. It sounded like he was trying to make Bush laugh by saying that. That's part of what embellishing is, exaggerating things to get a specific reaction.

I didn't say the video "provides no clues". I said the video proves nothing. Those are entirely different statements. You can interpret the video and pull out whatever "clues" you want, but those so called "clues" do not make Trump a sexual assaulter. And I'm not saying everyone has talked about going around and groping women. But you and everyone else who keep acting like you've never made any disgusting comments in your life are ridiculous.
Let's get some clarity here.

Cooper reminded Trump that bragging about groping women was bragging about sexual assault. Trump said that talking about groping women, as he plainly was, was not talking about sexual assault; just "locker room talk." I said he does not get the distinction, does not recognize what actions are legally definable as sexual assault. (And I further say he does not get it even if he was ONLY trying to make Bush laugh.)

And you "correct" me by pointing out "All [the video] proves is that Trump thinks what he was talking about is just locker room talk."  I.e., that he does not see a distinction between bragging about sexual assault and "just locker room talk." I.e., Exactly what I said.

You say that I assume "he was saying he literally assaults women." Yes I do, if he says he was groping them, he was literally saying that.

But for you it's all fuzzy. You are not sure what he literally said or meant or whatever. If he literally he says he groped women then I am just "pulling" that out of his statement, like the literal meaning is only an interpretation. Wait, maybe he was reading lines from a movie script. Were they talking about a movie script when he got off the bus?

And you appear to let Trump off the hook because everyone else not running for president has made disgusting comments--admitting that maybe not all have bragged about sexual assault. The big take away for you is that the video alone could not legally convict Trump of sexual assault.

If someone applies for a job as a teacher in a grade school, and then a video surfaces in which he brags of fondling children and how he gets away with it because he is an adult, would you say the video proves exactly nothing, we have no idea what he really meant, and go ahead an hire him?  We are never going to do away with child abuse/sexism.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grope a dope: Trump is on the ropes now - Dill - 10-12-2016, 10:32 AM