Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental Hangover from Not Winning a Playoff Game
(10-12-2016, 02:17 PM)JumboTron Wrote: For the most part, the Bengals have never been a mentally tough team over the course of Lewis' tenure. Coming off a loss like we experienced last season takes a significant degree of mental toughness to put it behind you, re-focus and move on as a strong, confident group. Yeah, good luck getting any of that with a team headed up by Marv.

He says all the right things (at times), but the actions and performance on the field screams another. The team as a whole is not resilient, and it is a direct reflection of the man that has been leading the team for the last 13 seasons. The players shoulder much of the accountability for on-field mistakes obviously but Marvin's track record is butt and it is showing in great measure again so far this season.
Gotta disagree. The Palmer led teams weren't very resilient, but this team has been. Look how they finished 2012. They bounced back from that beating against the Browns in 2014 by beating the saints, who never lost at home back then.... Down 17 to Seattle last year. Down 15-0 in the playoff debacle last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mental Hangover from Not Winning a Playoff Game - jason - 10-12-2016, 02:33 PM