Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Have Trouble Taking BLM Seriously
(10-10-2016, 07:47 PM)Beaker Wrote: I am quoting fred here, but asking anyone to reply to an honest question. Why is racial profiling considered bad? Maybe it's the context that I am thinking of it in, but I don't see it as a bad thing. In terms of law enforcement having limited manpower and resources, why should they not target the demographic shown over time to be most likely to have offenders? 

If the majority of drug runners on I75 are black males between the ages of 18-25 driving overly expensive tricked out cars (I dont know the actual demographic, just using that as an example), then why shouldn't those individuals be targeted? 

If the majority of terrorists are young males from Islamic countries who fly singly or in groups and pay cash for their tickets, why should the TSA waste their time and resources randomly pulling an 86 yr old lady from Tampa out of the security line for extra inspection?

If the majority of meth dealers/runners are young white males driving pick up trucks, then I have no problem if I am stopped and asked questions since I am white and drive a pick up. Maybe someone can provide some other evidence/idea as to why I should consider racial profiling used by law enforcement to be a terrible thing.

The problem is that the same percentage of black people and white people use illegal drugs yet many more black people are arrested for it due to racial profiling.  That is one of the privileges of being white.  

And you WOULD have a problem being pulled over by the police just because you were a white guy driving a pick up truck.  I guarantee it.  Why should you be late to work or pick up your children just because of your race and vehicle?  You are lying if you claim you have no problem being pulled over for no reason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I Have Trouble Taking BLM Seriously - fredtoast - 10-13-2016, 09:28 AM