Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Have Trouble Taking BLM Seriously
(10-13-2016, 09:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The problem is that the same percentage of black people and white people use illegal drugs yet many more black people are arrested for it due to racial profiling.  That is one of the privileges of being white.  

And you WOULD have a problem being pulled over by the police just because you were a white guy driving a pick up truck.  I guarantee it.  Why should you be late to work or pick up your children just because of your race and vehicle?  You are lying if you claim you have no problem being pulled over for no reason.

(10-13-2016, 12:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: http://www.grantmeahigherlove.com/racial-profiling-it-happens-to-white-people-too/

Between 1990-2010, over 1 million white people were arrested for "drug abuse violations". Less than 520,000 blacks were arrested for the same. Under "drug possession/use", the demographics  are 900,000 whites and 400,000 blacks.

(10-13-2016, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

Plus this still shows a disproportionate number of arrests for blacks.

The conversation wasn't about disproportionate, you made the claim about "many more black people", not "many more black people if you break it down based upon the population percentages".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I Have Trouble Taking BLM Seriously - TheLeonardLeap - 10-13-2016, 03:42 PM