Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Time to pump the brakes: the Oline isn't that bad.
(10-13-2016, 10:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hum, well, I've gotta chime in on this.

1. I believe it is Og's job to hold the those blocks. It only takes one guy to be a weak link in an OL for it to look bad. We've got 2 weak links, so we look bad more often.

2. While this might explains some run issues doesn't explain anything about the pocket collapsing so quickly and so often.

3. Boy, when Hill was seeing the middle clogged up and he'd got outside people were roasting him for taking it wide. Now it's just the   opposite. I'm fairly sure Hill is doing what the coaches are telling him to do.

Let's face it, our C is one of the worst in the league and our second year RT hasn't caught on to the NFL game. Maybe he will catch on, maybe he won't. Our C has had plenty of time to get it and just doesn't.

Right now we have atleast 3 weak links in the OL, Zeitler being among them.

Don't know what has happened to Zeitler but he has been downright awful this year. I thought it might of been
cause of the players around him earlier but he has been bad all by himself. Whit has also not looked like himself.

Boling is the only guy who has been decent.

This is on the O-line coach, one new addition to the O-line should not destroy the whole thing one year removed
from being a decent Offensive line. They are being too cute pulling Zeitler and not sealing off the edge way too
often and PA is baffled why they have not played better.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to pump the brakes: the Oline isn't that bad. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-14-2016, 12:12 PM