Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's
(10-14-2016, 04:14 PM)Steelers.fredtoast Wrote: 1. Won loss records are not subjective.  In fact that is exactly what is being used in this analysis.  If a team wins a division with 7 or 8 wins then that is a weak division.

2. Apology accepted.  But the question is "Is the difference between a 7-9 team and an 11-5 team worth THREE TIMES as much as the difference between a 9-7 team and an 11-5 team? 

3. So in your opinion there is no value to making the playoffs?  Seems kind of silly to me.  Especially when you think that a division champion is more important (by a HUGE margin) than a wildcard when both make the playoffs.  You are saying that a 10-6 division champion is MORE THAN TWICE as good as an 11-5 wildcard team.

1. Divisions often have down years. This can often be caused by playing tougher divisions. Our own division has had some down years. Does that mean the Bengals should've received less credit when the Steelers, Ravens and Browns were 8-8 or worse?

2. Yes. Losing seasons are punished.

3. I value wins. Which 10-6 team is better? The one that made the playoffs or the one that missed? In truth, they're probably about the same. I would, however, give credit to the 10-6 team if they handled their division.

(10-14-2016, 04:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pretty much, I mean the AFCN was probably the 3rd worst division last year if you look at combined records, and the best division in 2014 under the same criteria. 1st to 5th out of 8 is a huge swing in one year.

I am curious though, how did you manage ties? Like 2 years ago, the Panthers were 7-8-1. Did that give them 7 wins or 8 under your system?

(Fred being difficult in a thread that doesn't praise Lewis as the best thing since sliced bread? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.)

For teams with ties, I just counted the win total.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's - Shake n Blake - 10-14-2016, 04:27 PM