Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The secondary play so far is concerning
(10-15-2016, 01:06 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I've been rewatching game after game trying to put a finger on what's going wrong this season and I must say it's clear exactly what area of the defense that's struggling it's clearly the secondary...The safeties are killing us so far,missing tackles,poor technique in coverage and neither one has made any plays of impact,and worst of all both have struggled trying to cover tight ends..I've also noticed the corners lack of tight coverage we've been in off man far more this season than in years past don't know if that's coaching or lack of confidence in the corners or a combination of both....

We've also been penalized alot in the secondary upon watching these games I've noticed that most of the penalties have come against corners in off coverage if we're gonna turn this season around the secondary and oline must turn it around in a hurry

That's an alignment call. Maybe it's because the safeties aren't playing up to par. Nelson was a very good safety.

I'm not sure there's any hope for this OL. Bodine isn't suddenly going to gain skills he's never had before and Ced Og just either isn't ready or isn't very good. We'll find out which. And seeing that Fisher isn't displacing Og means he's even less good. Overall there's no horses coming to rescue this line from it's bad play.

Our draft in 2017 needs to be a C and OT early.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The secondary play so far is concerning - BengalChris - 10-15-2016, 01:44 AM