Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns Don't Deter Crime, Study Finds
(07-13-2015, 03:50 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I am a staunch 2nd Amendment guy, but I'm ok with obtaining a license to own and operate firearms.
There are a lot of idiots out there that ruin things for the competent individual.
I do however oppose registration of every firearm.
That would lead to the slope of taxing and licensing each firearm (yearly) just like an automobile.
I could also see an insurance policy being required for each, bankrupting many firearm enthusiasts.
Now.... before anyone goes down the road of demanding such insurance, know that those of us enrolled in the NRA are already covered with such policies, should any accident with a firearm take place.

So... again, I'm ok with proficiency testing (by an independent committee, with solid tangible qualifiers) and the like to obtain a license for an individual and believe it should afford the ability to conceal carry, as well.

I'm not sure I'm on board with licensing, but to agree it would certainly have to be a situation where the government has to have a reason you can't get one versus the citizen needing to provide a reason to have one.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guns Don't Deter Crime, Study Finds - michaelsean - 07-13-2015, 04:17 PM