Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
dalton and mccaron talk plus conspiracy theories
(10-15-2016, 04:26 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You sound like a big dalton lover lol most of his criticism was well warranted in years 2-4. Last year was the first I thought I was wrong and he could lead us to a Superbowl. This year without Hugh I just started asking questions again. Do you know most of Dalton's stats are because of the west coast offense. He's king of short passes,screens dump offs slants. NoT like he's dropping back airing it out like Palmer used too. Or Aaron Rodgers or somebody. Also dalton has been given a top 3 receiver and a top 3 tight end. Plus a great defense.hes been given a good dump off running back too. 

We could go back and forth all day. I look at more than simply stats. We were predicted to be winless Dalton's rookie year. We went 9-7 and went to the playoffs. That was supposed to be a fluke season, but he followed it up with another winning record and playoff appearance. Then another. Then another. Then another. I've never said Dalton doesn't have weapons, but there's only one weapon above Dalton and that's Green. Dalton helps make the other players better, not the other way around.

I like how short passes are used to knock Dalton, but other QBs who use that in place of their non-existent running games are simply great QBs. Dalton has already has 22 completions of 20+ and 5 of 40+. That doesn't sound like a strictly dink and dunk QB to me. People don't say Roethlisberger is dink and dunk and he has 20 completions of 20+ and 6 of 40+ this year.

I never said Dalton didn't deserve any criticism, but his career has had an upward trajectory. Besides 2014 when the WR corps had tons of injuries, Dalton has gotten better every year. That's not simply being a Dalton lover, McCarron hater, conspiracy theorist, or anything like that. The biggest knock seemed to be turnovers. Dalton's awareness has greatly improved. He only threw 7 picks last year and only has 2 so far this year. Dalton is also 3rd in the NFL in passing yards and has a QB rating of 96.3. I don't see how he's a bad QB or how any of that screams "replace me!".

I'll take the label of Dalton lover.  You better believe I'm a lover of a drafted and groomed QB who has grown into a top 10 NFL player at his position and has improved each and every year in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: dalton and mccaron talk plus conspiracy theories - muskiesfan - 10-15-2016, 04:54 PM