Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe The Electoral College Will Come Through For Us
(10-15-2016, 05:12 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Yeah I know this, I was just thinking if neither one gets to 273 then the horse trading can begin and the electors can vote someone other than Trump or Hillary.

I wasn't assuming you didn't, just some general info. If neither one reaches 270, though, then it isn't up to the electors. That would be up to the House for POTUS and Senate for VP. The interesting question would be if that would have to wait until the new Congress is in session. Since the electoral votes aren't counted in Congress until 06 January, then they technically wouldn't have the authority to act until then, would be my understanding. This could mean that if the Dems tale the Senate, we could see a GOP POTUS and a Dem VP.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe The Electoral College Will Come Through For Us - Belsnickel - 10-15-2016, 06:46 PM