Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The secondary play so far is concerning
(10-15-2016, 10:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Biggest concerns:

1.) Coaching (schematic waste of talent, weak-ass don't get beat deep, but kill us all day long underneath)
2.) Offensive line, run blocking.  Their pass blocking is actually good, but they are getting killed because the defense is just teeing off because they don't have any fear of the running game.
3.) Defensive line- Almost every game they have played, the opposition has appeared to have a better defensive line.  That's a very sad statement for what once was a top 5 unit.  What happened?  No idea. But their balls are smaller than BBs.  
4.) Secondary- A lot of scheme here, playing so far off, but Jones seems to have aged a lot in the offseason, Iloka has been all but invisible, Dre is inconsistent, and Williams suddenly forgot how to tackle.  
5.) Linebackers-  They look big, slow, and lost.  They play with the aggression of snails.  I would start rotating Vigil in more as at the very least, he can run.  Vinny Rey has looked like our best LB.

Hasn't DKp been our best player in the secondary this year?  I think your reliving 2015 when Nelson hung him out to dry a couple times every game (reiterating I miss Nelson, Williams is a dumpster fire). Agree 100% with the rest.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The secondary play so far is concerning - ah5 - 10-16-2016, 03:58 AM