Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge Podesta Email regarding immigration in Germany
(10-14-2016, 11:57 PM)hollodero Wrote: That is possible. No one said immigrants are all angels. Bad people are everywhere and in any ethnic group. If an American committed a crime like that here, we wouldn't start questioning all US-citizens within our borders.
Such single tragedies cannot influence the general policy of a country. If you think it should, you're just thinking too small to run a country. It's just reality.

Yes, we do.*
I never said I was against protecting the borders. I never claimed (and explicitely said so) that we (you, us, any country) can just allow rampant immigration without restrictions. I'm not delusional, and you shouldn't assume.
Our situation is quite different from yours right now. We deal with a whole different wave of refugees. These are not Mexicans looking for a job at Walmart to get started. These are islamic refugees - you know, the kind you're so afraid of - in enormous numbers - and in honest need for our help to just live.
You think it's just like Mexico? Then you're wrong.

Well, of course we have. I do not see where you're getting with that.

*Plus, let me additionally state that I am not personally responsible for every decision the Austrian government makes. The situation is in many ways handled quite poorly, and I'm against some things happening here as well. Like this fence talk.

Why can't you answer the question with a yes or no, don't try to Hillary it.
Again, was a 10 year old raped by an Iraqi immigrant in a public swimming pool in Vienna recently?
Single tragedies add up. If they weren't a problem, then why the beefing up of the border and immigration laws? You're contradicting yourself there.

I never said all were bad, but when you have open borders you get more of all types rather than the ones you desire.

And you're right, we have a different waves of people coming over our borders, they are trafficking drugs and humans. There is also a bunch fleeing the war torn countries in Central America. So we have plenty of War Refugees as well, and yes, some just want to make a buck. You should read up on some stuff before you jump to conclusions about who we have coming thru our borders otherwise you are sounding a bit pompous.

(10-15-2016, 05:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hollodero, the problem is that the argument here is, in the minds of some, black and white. Controlling immigration doesn't mean you don't want to accept refugees or that the reason is solely about their potential criminal threat. The drain on resources is, after all, a large issue. But, some people think there are only two choices: take them all or take none.

I certainly hope you are not trying to speak for me on this issue.
Then what's the problem with Trump wanting to put a hold on Immigration from the Middle East until we have a better Vetting system before allowing them to come here? Seems like a logical idea. Obama did it for Iraqi Refugee's.

(10-16-2016, 12:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, no kidding.
Americans tend to see things that way. Analyze that for me :) How comes?

Rhetoric, and most don't understand the whole immigration system to begin with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Huge Podesta Email regarding immigration in Germany - Mike M (the other one) - 10-16-2016, 02:31 PM