Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge Podesta Email regarding immigration in Germany
(10-16-2016, 02:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why can't you answer the question with a yes or no, don't try to Hillary it.

I said that is possible for I honestly could remember something about that, but not the whole story behind it. You could have taken it as a "yes" and none of my following words would have changed.

(10-16-2016, 02:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Again, was a 10 year old raped by an Iraqi immigrant in a public swimming pool in Vienna recently?

Yes! Jeez...

(10-16-2016, 02:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Single tragedies add up.

No in this case they don't. This is still a single incident and not part of any kind of pattern.
Don't be intellectually dishonest to yourself. You can't point to a single event and claim an "adding up" when there is no adding up.

(10-16-2016, 02:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If they weren't a problem, then why the beefing up of the border and immigration laws? You're contradicting yourself there.

OK, buddy. The immigration laws have nothing to do with this incident - and if they had, I'd be furious. What kind of question is that? There are dozens of other, much more valid reasons for stricter immigration laws; that one Iraqi guy is none of them.

(10-16-2016, 02:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I never said all were bad, but when you have open borders you get  more of all types rather than the ones you desire.

Sure... and some, you assume, are good people. I get it.
It's not really about our "desire", though. In the case of asylum seekers, it's about our moral obligation. Which is, as a rich country, to help people who are fleeing death and destruction in their country.
Now of course - and I'm no "leftist" here - we also need to control immigration and can't just let any number of people in. We're not quite ready for an islamic population going over, let's say 10% (or something in that category).
There are other points to be made here, too. Some influx isn't always a bad thing. Muslims living in western countries could be a big contributor for better relations and understanding - and be it just that they testify we are not the devil and not bad people here. And we learn muslims aren't bad people, too. That's important. On the other hand there's the job market, expenses, social security and other aspects that speak for a capping of immigration. 

See it as some kind of beam balance. We put different factors on the balance and try to give each aspect the weight it deserves (like the things I mentioned). Then we see how the balance is inclined. You can make a case of putting that one iraqi on the balance, on the side of "stricter immigration". But if you attach a weight to that, it just has to be a very, very light one. If it isn't, it's not an honest evaluation.

That the right wing is feeding on stories like that is another thing. Here's why I do not really remember all the details of that particular story: The right wing forges and distorts so many stories, up to blatant lies. It's hard to keep track about waht is real and what is demagogy.
If Iraqis would actually rape little kids on a weekly basis, believe me, I would give that aspect much more weight immediately. It's just that every data shows that immigrants are not significantly more likely to commit a crime as Austrians. THAT is the important data here. Not the stories in the yellow press.

(10-16-2016, 02:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And  you're right, we have a different waves of people coming over our borders, they are trafficking drugs and humans.

THAT is just hate speech.
Truth is, there are some people who do these deeds. The vast majority doesn't, and Mexican immigrants also are not significantly more likely to commit crimes than US citizens. Look here or google it, there are tons of scientific studies reaching that conclusion.

(10-16-2016, 02:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: There is also a bunch fleeing the war torn countries in Central America. So we have plenty of War Refugees as well, and yes, some just want to make a buck. You should read up on some stuff before you jump to conclusions about who we have coming thru our borders otherwise you are sounding a bit pompous.

War refugees are not the main issue at the Mexican border, right? Plus, you should actually feel compelled to help refugees, too. You really should, moral obligation and such, so what's the point?

(10-16-2016, 02:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Then what's the problem with Trump wanting to put a hold on Immigration from the Middle East until we have a better Vetting system before allowing them to come here? Seems like a logical idea. Obama did it for Iraqi Refugee's.

I have no general problem with that. But there is an acute crisis going on, that's a bit of a specific problem. We need to help these people quickly. And Europe does, it would be nice and fair if you took some of the responsibility here, too. It really would be.

(10-16-2016, 02:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Rhetoric, and most don't understand the whole immigration system to begin with.

Says the guy who claims 95% of illegal immigration could be stopped with a wall.
But sure, I'm no expert on this issue. Which is why I in many aspects believe those who are. You should give that a try.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Huge Podesta Email regarding immigration in Germany - hollodero - 10-17-2016, 03:33 AM