Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary More Dangerous Than Trump
(10-16-2016, 09:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I googled this to find context. It's a speech from an Australian journalist.

Also found this rebuttal.

Haven't read it but am supplying it for more food for thought as I read the OP

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vincent-intondi/no-hillary-clinton-is-not_b_9544458.html

Rotobeast and BmorePat, thanks for posting both of these pieces.  I wish articles like these were more in the center of mainstream debates.

I respect Pilger and applaud the way he foregrounds the US actions which do provoke "aggression" in both Russia and China.  The US would never tolerate the military positioning we expect other countries to accept as normal.  If the US hadn't been blathering about including the Ukraine in NATO, the Crimea would still be Ukrainian.

At the same time, Pilger has grossly oversimplified aspects of US policy, such as the bombing of Libya. and he does not get this, from Intondi's post--

Let me answer Pilger directly: How dare you, sir. Tell the Muslim students who have sat in my office shaking, as tears ran down their faces because they are so scared of a Trump presidency, that Clinton is worse. Tell my undocumented student from Florida who now calls me with anxiety and panic over what will happen to her if Trump is elected, it won’t be that bad. Your response is “Obama, not Trump” is the “Deporter-in- Chief.” Yes, and Obama also passed DACA and DAPA. You sir, clearly have no idea the racism and xenophobia Trump has unleashed in this country. Have you seen the hate in the eyes of Trump supporters towards African Americans who protest? It is easy to live thousands of miles away and cast dispersions on Hillary Clinton or President Obama while calling Trump a “maverick.”

It would be a TERRIBLE mistake to think a Trump election would make no difference to world peace, or be better than electing Clinton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary More Dangerous Than Trump - Dill - 10-17-2016, 03:01 PM