Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's
(10-17-2016, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are both wrong.

If Fisher is a better coach than Marvin then why has he not had a single winning season in 8 years?  Why has he not won a playoff game in 13 years?  I have been repeatedly told that talent doesn't matter because good coaches overcome less talent and win anyway.

Anyone who would argue that Fisher is a better coach than Marvin right now really does not understand how the NFL works.

Stay with me Fred. Once again, the list isn't saying "who's the best coach right now". It's grading their entire careers and overall success. That's it. Fisher has fallen off, while Marv has ascended somewhat. But overall - at this point - their careers are very similar. That's why Fisher got a 4.2 grade and Marv had a nearly identical 4.1.

Marv has more recent success while Fisher had more past success, particularly in the playoffs. That's why the grades came out similar. If this only included the last 7 years, Marv would be higher, but this includes their entire careers. Hopefully you understand now, although I'm guessing you've understood that all along.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Head coaching grades for all 32 current HC's - Shake n Blake - 10-17-2016, 05:38 PM