Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument
(10-17-2016, 12:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, you went the cynical route and anyone that approaches the scripture as such will find "fault". The problem is that they think they can "reason" God; however, your finite mind cannot logically grasp his infinite existence. 

As to the Trinity it is throughout the bible. We are told there is one God and God, Jesus, and the holy-spirit are all used to address his being. 

My beliefs on those that perished never knowing the God of Abraham is clear; they cease to exist. My hope is God granted them their reward if their heart was true to their belief.

The "lake of fire" is reserved from those that were shown the word of God and rejected it out of pride or worse yet, mocked it. 
You are not "reasoning" God??

Can you point me to a mention of the trinity in the Pentateuch?

Your beliefs are not the foundation of a world religion, so far as I know.  The author of Revelations, however, was instrumental in founding a world religion--Christianity--and he says the lake fire burns unbelievers for eternity. That's not "ceasing to exist."

And Paul says unbelievers don't need to see no "word"; his God is plainly evident in "creation."  No excuses. His words. Read'em.
He doesn't say everyone can "answer in his own way" as to what counts as Christianity and what happens after death. That's why he wrote all those letters--to keep the Greek and Roman churches in line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument - Dill - 10-17-2016, 10:04 PM